Make TEN applications online

Did you know you can apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) online at Cornwall Council’s website?

If you are planning an event where there will be entertainment, alcohol for sale, or hot food or drink for sale after 11pm, you probably need to submit a Temporary Event Notice.

A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) can be given by an individual (a premises user) and authorises the premises user to conduct one or more licensable activities at premises for no more than 96 hours. TENs can be used to authorise relatively small-scale ad hoc events held in or on any premises involving less than 500 people at any one time, subject to certain restrictions.  A TEN costs £21.00.

A TEN can be used to authorise an event outside of the terms of an existing premises licence, or to provide authority for an event where there is no existing premises licence.  There are a number of restrictions/limitations which are set out below.

Providing the notice meets the criteria laid down in the Licensing Act, the event will go ahead unless a counter notice is served, usually following objections from the Police.

A TEN can be used instead of a premises licence for events involving licensable activities that are:

  • Plays or films
  • Indoor sporting events, boxing, wrestling
  • Live/recorded music
  • Dancing, performance of dance
  • Facilities for making music/dancing
  • Sale/supply of alcohol
  • Provision of late night refreshment (hot food and drink between 23:00-05:00)

Leave a Reply