Most Community Buildings should already have a Premises Licence permitting various regulated activities.

Cornwall Council is the regulator of licensed activities and actively does this through the Licensing Department.  For more information visit Cornwall Council’s website.  For a summarised version relating specifically to community buildings, Vital Venues members can access our resource (no.9) from the ACRE information sheets page.

Although the Premises Licence is suitable for activities within your premises, if you are planning a larger community event in a park, village green or other similar property then you are likely to need separate consent.

Cornwall Council has provided a useful page explaining what is required and some helpful tools to organise your event.

The site explains,

If you are planning to run an event in Cornwall, complete our Event Notification Form so that all relevant services can be made aware of your event. We will then let you know what permissions and licenses you need to apply for.  You can also view our online event guidance for general advice on organising events.

Visit ‘Organising Events in Cornwall‘.

Leave a Reply