Vital Venues

Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

New training workshops for hall committees

Following the success of our workshops earlier this year we are pleased to announce the next series of Business Planning and Trustee Induction sessions. Feedback from previous sessions: Thanks for advice, guidance, ideas and documents – well presented. Illogan Preschool We need...

Read more

Legal Update

Temporary event notices (TENs) From January 2016 the number of temporary event notices that can be used in a calendar year for the same premises will be increased from 12 to 15. A temporary event notice (TEN) can be used for a one-off event involving the sale of alcohol and/or...

Read more

Vital Venues funded training for hall committees

Vital Venues is pleased to announce ‘Trustee Induction’ and ‘Business Planning’ workshops funded by Awards for All to support volunteers who manage village halls, community centres and other community buildings.     The Trustee Induction Workshop...

Read more

Consultation- should licensing fees increase?

A consultation on fees under the Licensing Act 2003 The Home Office are consulting on the regulations that will introduce locally-set fees under the Licensing Act 2013. Fees for licensing were set nationally in 2005 and have not been revised since then. The Police Reform and Social...

Read more

Proposed deregulation of Premises Licence

Proposals to use a Legislative Reform Order to make changes to entertainment licensing is out for consultation. The Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) are consulting on the proposals to make changes to entertainment licensing. An earlier Consultation in 2011 led to...

Read more

Tell the Council if you’re organising an event

Most Community Buildings should already have a Premises Licence permitting various regulated activities. Cornwall Council is the regulator of licensed activities and actively does this through the Licensing Department.  For more information visit Cornwall Council’s website.  For...

Read more

Managing events

Office for Civil Society to publish guidance on regulation of volunteer-based events. Audience size for live music events that don’t need an entertainment licence to be increased from 200 to 500. Performances of plays and dance will no...

Read more

Make TEN applications online

Did you know you can apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) online at Cornwall Council’s website? If you are planning an event where there will be entertainment, alcohol for sale, or hot food or drink for sale after 11pm, you probably need to submit a Temporary Event Notice. A...

Read more

© Copyright 2012. Powered by WordPress. blue box by Antoni Botev & Evgeni Dimov